- 125 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tin pie apples (or fresh/tinned pears)
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the sifted flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Pour over deep tart dish, with pie apples evenly arranged.
- Cook at 180 degrees celsius for 25 minutes. It will look underdone (raw even) in the middle – you really want it to look that way. Resist the temptation to let it cook for longer.
- For the sauce heat 1/2 cup of cream with 1/4 cup sugar and pour over warm pudding. Sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds whilst still warm and sticky. Serve warm with whipped cream, crème fraiche or ice cream.