- 400 g tagliatelle (or pasta of your choice)
- 250 g button mushrooms, halved or sliced
- 125 g bacon, chopped
- 125 ml cream (or half milk, half cream)
- 50 ml chicken stock
- 50 ml basil pesto
- 30 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil to serve
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of salted water. Drain and keep warm.
- Fry the bacon until just cooked.
- Add the mushrooms and fry until they have browned and the bacon starts to crisp.
- Reduce the heat and add the cream a little at a time, stirring as it thickens.
- Stir in the stock and pesto and heat through.
- Add the bacon sauce and the Parmesan to the pasta and toss to combine
- Serve with fresh basil.