- 1¼ cups (110g) rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups (110g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 150g unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (90g) golden syrup
- 1 cup (220g) raw sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the oats, coconut, flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Bring to a simmer and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, then add the bicarb soda and 1 tbs water. Stir to combine, then pour over the oat mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, combine butter and oat mixture. Using 1 tbs mixture each, roll into 24 equal-sized balls. Divide between two baking paper-lined baking trays, leaving 3cm between each.
- Flatten biscuits slightly, then bake for 10-12 minutes until the top tray is slightly golden. Swap trays and cook for a further 6-8 minutes until all biscuits are golden. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
Original recipe from delicious.com.au