- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 2 cups of finely grated carrots
- 1 cup of finely chopped pecan nuts
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Beat the eggs and sugar well.
2. Add the dry ingredients and then the oil.
3. Fold in the carrots and nuts.
4. Butter and flour a spring form ring tin and pour in the mixture.
5. Bake at 160 C for 30 to 40 mins.
6. Allow to cool and then ice the cake.
- 80 g butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 80 g cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp orange rind
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Optional extra garnishes
- Roasted pecans, roughly chopped
- Orange slices or orange zest
1. Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the softened cream cheese and mix again.
3. Gradually mix in the orange juice, vanilla essence and orange rind.
4. Decorate with orange slices and pecans.
5. Decorate with orange slices and/or pecans.