- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 2 cups of finely grated carrots
- 1 cup of finely chopped pecan nuts (Keep some to decorate.)
- Beat the eggs and sugar well.
- Add the dry ingredients and then the oil.
- Fold in the carrots and nuts.
- Butter and flour a spring form ring tin and pour in the mixture.
- Bake at 160 C for 30 to 40 mins.
- Allow to cool and then ice the cake.
- 125 g butter
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- Juice and rind of one orange
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually mix in the orange juice and rind.
- Decorate with orange slices and pecans.