- 300g whole raw buckwheat groats
- 60g whole chia seeds
- 60ml olive oil
- 1/2 tsp bicarb (or 1 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C.
- Soak the buckwheat in plenty of cold water for 2 hours until softened.
- Soak the chia seed in 1/2 cup water for 30 minutes until gel-like.
- Drain the buckwheat and rinse through a fine sieve until fully drained.
- Place the buckwheat into a food processor or blender.
- Add the chia gel, 1/2 cup water, olive oil, bicarb, sea salt and lemon juice. and mix for 3 minutes.
- The bread mix should resemble a batter consistency with some buckwheat still left in the mix.
- Spoon into a loaf tin, lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until firm to touch and bounces back when pressed..
- The bread should be slightly moist in the middle and crisp on the outside. Serve delicate slices only when cooled.
- Store wrapped in the fridge for up to 1 week and freezes well.
Recipe from http://www.thehealthy.chef.com