Makes about 6 -8 scones
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp castor sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Pinch salt
1. Mix sifted flour, salt and baking powder.
2. Beat egg and sugar. Gradually add half the milk,
3. Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
4. Add the melted butter and mix well.
5. Mix in as much of the leftover milk as needed to reach a soft pliable consistency.
6. Roll out on floured surface and cut into round shapes.
7. Bake @ 180 degrees C for 20 mins.