- 100 g icing sugar or icing sugar
- 200 g flour
- 100 g corn flour
- 200 g butter, chilled
- 2 Tbsp castor sugar
1. Cream together the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
2. Gradually mix in the flour, icing/castor sugar and cornflour. Use your hands to lightly knead the mixture into a smooth ball.
3. If cutting into rounds or stars, turn onto a floured work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1/2 cm thick.
4. Cut into shapes and place on a baking tray. OR press out directly onto a Swiss roll tin and then cut into fingers and prick with a fork.
5. Bake in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until a pale golden brown.
6. Cut into squares and allow to cool for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack.
7. Sprinkle with castor sugar and cool completely before storing in a tin.
Get creative with different shapes for seasonal cues eg: bunnies for Easter, hearts for Valentines etc.