- 220g Nutella (1 jar)
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, sifted plus extra to dust
- 1 cup thickened cream (250 ml)
- 4 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup caster sugar (110 g)
- 3 cups mascarpone (750 g)
- 2 cups (500 ml) strong black coffee
- 1/2 cup hazelnut liqueur (options)
- 350g sponge finger biscuits
- 100g hazelnuts, toasted, finely chopped plus extra to serve
- Finely grated dark chocolate to serve
- To make the Nutella ganache, place Nutella, coca and 100 ml cream in a bowl and stir to combine.
- To make the mascarpone cream, place egg yolks and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whisk for 4-5 minutes or until thick and pale.
- add mascarpone and remaining 150 ml cream and whisk until thick and combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Clean stand mixer bowl and whisky, and dry well.
- Add egg whites and whisk to stiff peaks. In 2 batches, gently fold egg white into mascarpone mixture. Chill until required.
- To assemble the Tiramisu, combine coffee and liqueur (if using) in a shallow dish. Dip enough biscuits into coffee mixture to cover the base on a 2L dish.
- Top the biscuits with hazelnuts, then spoon over one quarter of the Nutella ganache, using a palette knife to spread evenly. Top with half the mascarpone cream and spread evenly. Repeat with remaining biscuits and hazelnuts, one quarter of the Nutella ganache and remaining mascarpone cream.
- Spread with the remaining ganache.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts and dust with cocoa and grated dark chocolate to serve.