Skip to content
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups Nutty wheat
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups Bran flakes
- 1 cup bran
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1//2 cup seedless raisins (optional)
- 250g butter, melted
- 250g sunflower oil (or replace with same butter to 500g)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 250ml Buttermilk
- 1 tsp salt
- Melt butter and add sugar, buttermilk and eggs and beat well.
- Mix into dry ingredients. Press into greased bread pans or baking trays 2 cm thick and cut into rusk size pieces.
- Bake @ 360 degrees C for 1 hour.
- Turn out and when cool, break up and return to oven to dry out.
- Turn oven right down to 100 degrees C for 2 hours and switch off overnight.
- These rusks will keep in a sealed container for a month if they’re not eaten first!
- Lovely served with a good cup of coffee for an early morning snack.