- 1 large onion, sliced
- 50 ml flour
- 418 g tin of pink salmon, skin and bones removed and retaining the liquid
- 1 tin of Campbell’s cream of tomato soup
- 250 ml seasoned chicken stock
- 10 ml Worcester sauce
- 5 ml fish sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to season
- 12,5 ml dry sherry (opt)
- 125 ml cream or crème fraîche
- Fresh chopped chives and or croutons to garnish
Fry the onion on a gentle heat until golden. Stir in the flour.
Add the mashed salmon, tomato soup and chicken stock and simmer for a few minutes.
Add the Worcester sauce, and fish sauce and blend together until smooth.
Transfer the mixture back into the pot, add the sherry if using and heat without bringing to the boil. Adjust the seasoning.
Stir in the cream just before serving.
Sprinkle with chopped chives or croutons.
Serve with freshly baked Buttermilk cheese and herb bread or homemade Health Bread.
Can be served hot or chilled.
Adapted from Sally Williams recipe in her Quick and Easy series.
Tip: Sally’s original recipe uses 50ml undiluted Campbell’s tomato soup and 250 ml milk and 2 ml sugar, but hard to find the undiluted version, so I use a good quality tinned cream of tomato soup and leave out the sugar and milk and it is just as tasty.