- 1 large onion, sliced
- 50 ml flour
- 418 g tin of pink salmon, skin and bones removed and retaining the liquid
- 1 tin of Campbell’s cream of tomato soup
- 250 ml seasoned chicken stock
- 10 ml Worcester sauce
- 5 ml fish sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to season
- 12,5 ml dry sherry (opt)
- 125 ml cream or crème fraîche
- Fresh chopped chives and or croutons to garnish
- Fry the onion on a gentle heat until golden. Stir in the flour.
- Add the mashed salmon, tomato soup and chicken stock and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the Worcester sauce, and fish sauce and blend together until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the pot, add the sherry if using and heat without bringing to the boil. Adjust the seasoning.
- Stir in the cream just before serving.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives or croutons.
- Serve with freshly baked Buttermilk cheese and herb bread or homemade Health Bread.
- Can be served hot or chilled.
Adapted from Sally Williams recipe in her Quick and Easy series.
Tip: Sally’s original recipe uses 50ml undiluted Campbell’s tomato soup and 250 ml milk and 2 ml sugar, but hard to find the undiluted version, so I use a good quality tinned cream of tomato soup and leave out the sugar and milk and it is just as tasty.