Serves 12 to 20 people
- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
For the topping
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup very hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and spices. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, stir pumpkin, milk, melted butter and vanilla together to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix to create a thick batter.
- Pour into a casserole dish with high sides.
- In a separate bowl, stir brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped pecans together.
- Spread over the top of the batter evenly.
- Pour hot water over, without stirring.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the middle is set.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and garnish with more pecan nuts.
Recipe adapted from www.laurenslatest.com