- 125g unsalted butter
- 175g castor sugar
- 2 large eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 175g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 23 x 13 x 7 cm loaf tin, buttered and lined
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup elderflower cordial. (I couldn’t find plain Elderflower so I used a Rose and Elderflower cordial.)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 100g icing sugar
- Elderflower cordial
- Preheat your oven to 180 C/gas mark 4. Butter and line your loaf tin well.
- Cream together butter and sugar and add eggs and lemon zest, beating them in well.
- Gently fold in the flour and the salt, mixing thoroughly and then add the milk.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared tin and bake for 45 mins or until cake tester comes out clean. (My cake actually took only 35 min for the tester to come out clean so from 35 mins, keep an eye on it).
- For the syrup: Put the lemon juice, elderflower cordial, and water into a small bowl and stir to combine.
- As soon as cake is out of oven, puncture all over with skewer and pour over the syrup.
- Leave cake to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- For the glaze: In another small bowl place the powdered sugar. Add elderflower cordial, a teaspoon at a time, stirring between additions until a thick glaze mixture is formed.
- Spread the glaze over the cooled cake, decorate with lemon rind and elderflowers if you’d like, and enjoy. (I added rose petals to my cake to highlight the rose cordial.)
Recipe from: http://www.daisyandthefox.com/2015/08/lemon-elderflower-drizzle-cake/