Serves 8 to 10
- 2 x 200 g tins pink salmon, flaked
- OR 500 g Canadian fresh smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- ½ cups crème fraîche
- ½ cup smooth cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped or freeze- dried dill
- 2 Tbsp capers, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp Worcester sauce
- 3 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- A few drops of Tabasco
- Course sea salt, white pepper & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over a pot of boiling water, removed from the heat. Dissolve the gelatin and add allow to cool.
- Flake and mash the salmon and add all the ingredients.
- Mix well (I use a hand beater, but if you want a smoother consistency, use a blender.)
- Lightly grease your mould with oil. (A cake tin will do as well)
- Pour the mixture into the mould, cover with cling film and allow to set for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with lemon wedges; capers and/or dill and serve with whole-wheat bread; toasted baguette slices; ciabatta or crackers.