- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- 2 small onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 leeks, trimmed and finely sliced (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped (optional)
- 600g frozen peas
- 1L chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp cornflour, mixed to a paste in a little cold water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 4 tsp creme fraîche to serve
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan and then add the leeks, onions and garlic and sauté over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Using a medium saucepan, pour the chicken stock over the frozen peas and boil gently for ten minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to the boiled peas.
- Remove from the heat and use a blender to process the soup as finely as you can.
- Pass the soup through a fine sieve and discard the dry pulp.
- Transfer the soup back to the pot and reheat gently. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Thicken the soup with the corn flour mixture and then stir in the sour cream.
- Pour the soup into serving bowls topped with mint leaves and and crème fraîche.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.