- 4 cups chicken broth or good chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 lamb rib chops
- 8 oz /500g frozen green peas, defrosted
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 2/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200 C
- In a medium size saucepan, warm the chicken broth/chicken stock over low heat.
- In another medium saucepan, heat 2 Tbsp Olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the warm broth, one ladleful at a time, allowing the liquid to evaporate before adding more. Cook for 13 minutes more.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp Olive oil over medium heat. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper, add to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side for rare.
- Using a food processor, puree half of the peas with the mint and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Stir the mixture into the risotto, and then stir in the remaining whole peas, the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and butter.
- Serve the lamb chops with the risotto and mixed roasted Mediterranean vegetables of your choice.
Adapted from recipe by Rachael Ray, 2008 and photo: Rachael Ray