- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 500g baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 250g cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, for frying
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach, season liberally with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella, and garlic powder, and stir to combine.
- Slice chicken breasts in half crosswise. Cut a slit into the center of each half to make a pocket.
- Take a heaped spoonful of the spinach dip and pack it into the pocket. Pinch the edges of the chicken closed.
- Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls. Take 1 piece of stuffed chicken and roll it in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Dip the floured chicken in the eggs, then dredge in the bread crumbs, making sure to coat all sides evenly. Repeat to bread the remaining chicken.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken until the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and drain.
- Serve with couscous and Mediterranean veggies of your choice.
This recipe freezes well if you want to double up.
Recipe adapted from recipe by Alvin Zhou: www.buzzfeed.com