- 50ml butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5ml cumin
- 2 butternuts, cubed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1L chicken stock
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Salt and milled black pepper
- 80ml sour cream
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, roasted
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Sauté the onions and cumin until soft and translucent.
- Add the butternut and potatoes and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the stock, cover and allow to simmer for +/ – 30 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth, adding the orange juice and zest.
- Check the seasoning. Pour into bowls and sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seeds and extra orange rind.
- Swirl with a little sour cream.
- Enjoy with a freshly baked Cheese and herb loaf, Health bread, or Melba toast.