- 225g dark chocolate
- 225g butter
- 2 eggs
- castor sugar
- 225g Marie/tea biscuits
- 120g glace cherries (optional)
- Break chocolate into small pieces and melt in double-boiler with butter. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs and sugar and gradually add to the chocolate mixture.
- Break biscuit into small “bite-size” pieces and blend into the chocolate pieces.
- Add chopped cherries.
- Pack into two used, clean tins and leave in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Open the bottom of tin and push out the hardened chocolate mixture.
- Join the two “logs” together.
- Decorate with whipped cream and grated chocolate flakes.
Adapted from a recipe by Janet Roche