Ingredients for crust
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1½ cups plain tea biscuits, crushed (I use Marie biscuits)
- Melt the butter and stir in the crumbs. Press into a tart dish and blind bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
If short of time, blind baking is not necessary- just use crushed biscuits and butter without baking, but not as firm.
Ingredients for topping
- 1 Tin caramelised condensed milk
- 8 bananas, sliced (or more)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 250ml cream, whipped
- ¼ cup sugar (opt)
- Sprinkle bananas with lemon juice.
- Lay half the bananas on cooled crust.
- Spoon on half the caramel and a third of the cream.
- Make another layer using the other half of the bananas and caramel.
- Spread the rest of the whipped cream on top.
- Decorate with fresh or dried banana and grated chocolate (opt.)
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.