- 2 medium zucchini /courgettes
- 2 eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- a bunch of basil leaves, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup wholewheat/plain.gluten-free flour ( I used rice flour)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- spray oil
- homemade mayo
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Grate zucchini and sprinkle with a pinch of salt, then transfer in a clean kitchen cloth and make sure to squeeze out their excess liquid.
- In a large bowl mix together grated zucchini, lemon zest, eggs, basil leaves, spring onion and flour. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Fold in baking powder and quickly stir all together.
- Lightly spray with oil a mini muffin tin and pour 1 tbsp of the mixture in each mould.
- Bake for 10 mins, then turn the fritters on the other side and bake for a further 5 mins or until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges and homemade mayo.
Recipe from one of my favourite food blogs http://www.thepetitecook.com/healthy-baked-zucchini-fritters/