- 2 large 2 litre jars with tops that can seal well
- Netting used for oranges/vegetables
- 2 litres of vodka (any inexpensive brand will do)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 freshly picked oranges
- Dissolve the sugar with the vodka in a bowl (no need to heat.)
- Transfer to each jar.
- Suspend the orange over the jar in the netting.
- Seal the jars and label the jars with the date to open in 8 weeks.
- No peeping or tasting!
- The Cointreau becomes a light orange colour and the taste of the orange magically enfaced into the vodka.
- You can pour your Cointreau into “Grolsch” beer bottles or any and store in the fridge.
2 Comments Add yours
Do you pierce the orange, or leave it alone?
You leave it to do it’s thing