- 3 eggs
- 115 g white all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 285 ml milk
- 12 Tbsp sunflower oil
- A sprinkling of herbs (fresh or dried parsley and/or rosemary)
- Fillet of roast beef (depending on your numbers)
- Whisk the eggs, flour and salt to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a pouring jug and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Turn your oven to its highest setting.
- Pour 1 Tbsp oil into each muffin pan and place in the oven to heat well.
- (Some fat/oil drippings from the roast even better.)
- Slide the oven rack and muffin tray half way out and carefully pour the mixture into the muffin pan (only halfway up the sides.)
- Close the oven door and bake for 15 minutes without opening the oven door agin until puffy, crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
(They apparently freeze well)
For the Roast Beef
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Rub the Beef roast with olive oil and chopped fresh rosemary.
- Sprinkle with salt and white pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes at 220 and then turn down to 180 degrees until cooked but still rare.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing to retain the juices, whilst you make the gravy and pop the yorkshire puddings into the oven.