Skip to content
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml Sugar (you can put much less if you like)
- 25 ml butter, melted
- 20 ml baking powder (I put less – 2 teaspoons instead of 4)
- ½ Tsp of salt
- 1 cup milk
- Beat the eggs and gradually add the sugar. Add half the milk and all the melted butter to this mixture and stir.
- Sift the flour, banking powder and salt and add the egg mixture. Gradually stir in the remaining milk to form a smooth mixture.
- Don’t stir after all the ingredients are well mixed. Rest the mixture of 15 mins at least (It can stay overnight in the fridge too but it may need a little milk to thin it back to original texture).
- Pour a little into a heavy based, non stick pan (apply a little butter if need be )
- The first batch or two are always a disaster. Only turn when bubbles have formed on the top.
- You will get the hang of it. These can be made ahead and served hot or cold with syrup, jam or fruit and cream of course!