Makes 10 brownies
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes (600g)
- 2/3 of a cup of ground almonds (80g)
- 1/2 a cup of buckwheat or brown rice flour (100g)
- 14 medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 180C, then peel the sweet potatoes.
- Cut them into chunks and place into a steamer for about twenty minutes, until they become really soft.
- Once they are perfectly soft and beginning to fall apart remove them and add them to a food processor with the pitted dates – this will form one of the sweetest, creamiest, most delicious mixes ever!
- Put the remaining ingredients into a bowl, before mixing in the sweet potato date combination. Stir well.
- Place into a lined baking dish and cook for about twenty minutes, until you can pierce the brownie cake with a fork bringing it out dry.
- Remove the tray and allow it to cool for about ten minutes – this is really important as it needs this time to stick together! Remove the brownies from the tray, leaving it another few minutes before cutting them into squares – then dig in and enjoy!
Recipe from Deliciously Ella http://deliciouslyella.com/vegan-sweet-potato-brownies-gluten-free/