- One wheel Camembert, cold
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cut into small (1cm) dice
- 2 Tbsp brandy
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey Slice cheese wheel in half crosswise; set asid
- 12 walnut halves, toasted
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add diced pear, and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in brandy, and cook 1 minute more. Add rosemary, and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, and spread pear mixture over bottom half of reserved sliced cheese wheel, reserving 2 tablespoons mixture for garnish.
- Transfer cheese to serving plate.
- Return skillet to stove, and heat balsamic vinegar and honey until simmering.
- Simmer mixture until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Pour half the glaze over cheese and reserved pear mixture; top with remaining half of cheese wheel and pears.
- Drizzle with remaining glaze, and garnish with walnut halves and rosemary. Serve immediately.
Recipe and picture from Martha Stewart http://www.marthastewart.com/345533/pears-and-camembert