- 2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar (can easily use 3/4 cup, or drop it down to 1/2 cup if you want it less sweet)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 175°C, and butter a loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes (check at 50 minutes) at 175°C, or until a tester inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Remove the banana bread from the pan.
- Slice and serve. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren’t crumbly.)
- You can also make banana muffins using this same recipe using a muffin tin.