- 1 large slab of Bourneville chocolate
- 125 ml whipping cream
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ½ Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp Cointreau (optional)
- Garnish of your choice (see the list below)
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a double boiler (or a bowl/pot set over a saucepan of simmering water.)
- When the chocolate is melted, stir in the butter and remove from the heat.
- Beat together the egg yolks and and gently mix into the melted chocolate.
- Here you can add your Cointreau or other flavouring eg: 1 tsp of coffee (optional.)
- Whip the cream until firm and mix into the chocolate mixture.
- Finally whip the egg whites until stiff and lightly fold into the mixture.
- Spoon into four glasses, cover with “Gladwrap” and chill. (Can be left overnight)
- You can be quite creative when garnishing this one – add orange zest/rind for a citrus twist, chilli flakes for some punch (as in my picture above), sea salt, coffee or just some grated chocolate. It’s best to serve this with some freshly whipped cream for balance.