Makes 15 – 20 balls, depending on size
- 1 cup of medjool dates
- 3/4 of a cup of almonds
- 3/4 of a cup of walnuts or any other nut
- 2 Tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp of ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp of hemp protein powder
- 1 Tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp of cashew/almond nut butter (this is my addition to give it a nutty flavour)
Start by placing the almonds, walnuts, ground flax seed and chia seeds in your food processor.
Blend for 1 minute, until the a flour forms and the nuts have crumbled.
Then add the remaining ingredients, pitting the dates before adding those. Blend for another minute until a stick dough forms.
Use your hands to roll the mixture into little balls, place in a bowl and store in the fridge.
Bite and enjoy!
(Recipe courtesy of Deliciously Ella)