- 6 peaches or nectarines, halved and with the stones removed
- 80 g butter, melted
- 100-150 ml amaretto liqueur (We normally use Disaronno)
- 120 g amaretti biscuits that have been coarsely crushed 2tbsp clear honey
- Mint to garnish
- Mascarpone or vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lay the peaches cut-side up on a baking tray.
- Spoon over two-thirds of the butter and the amaretto.
- Bake the peaches or nectarines in the oven for 15-20 minutes (you may need a little longer if the peaches aren’t that ripe), covering them with foil if they are colouring a bit too rapidly.
- Mix the remaining butter with the amaretti biscuits in a bowl.
- Remove the peaches from the oven, spoon over the biscuit mixture and then carry on baking for a further 8-10 minutes, or until the topping is golden.
- To finish, transfer the peaches to serving plates and spoon any sauce in the tray around the peaches
- Garnish with a mint leaf and serve with ice-cream or mascarpone (and if you want, a little glass of amaretto liqueur on ice.)