- 6 lamb chops (I use good quality lamb rib chops or loin chops rather than stewing lamb)
- 1 large or 2 medium onions chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 500 ml combined chicken and beef stock if no lamb stock (a Sally William’s trick) (Add more if necessary to keep lamb covered)
- 1 tsp corn flour (maizena) to thicken
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Fry onions until golden.
- Toss lamb chops in seasoned flour and then brown in butter and oil.
- Add stock (I use mixture of beef and chicken stock.)
- Add seasoning (salt and white pepper) if necessary.
- Bring to boil and simmer for about 1 ½ hours (or more-I use a slow cooker but not necessary-keep well covered)) until tender.
- Add peeled chopped potatoes in last 20 minutes and carrots in last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Play around with the flavours and taste. Use fresh herbs e.g. parsley or thyme.
- Serve on a bed of rice, mashed creamy potato or couscous with minted mushy peas.